Despite technical difficulties and the non-cooperation of my DSL line, Rich and I were joined by none other than Paul Asadoorian from the PauldotCom Security Weekly podcast. We thought we were doing good. Then my DSL line went down. And my backup connection sounded like crud. So we were on my cell phone to a skype account and recorded on Rich’s end. Not our preferred method of recording to be sure.
Our first topic of conversation was getting into a security career and the CISSP. Each of us have had very different paths to get to this point in our careers and we don’t expect to see a ‘one size fits all’ path into security any time soon. We talked about several interesting news articles in a bit more technical depth than usual, thanks in part to Paul’s presence. And we wrapped up with a brief discussion about the rocket ride that has been Paul’s career in podcasting.
- Lateral SQL Injection – Using the Date function in Oracle maliciously
- Experts warn over SQL injection attacks
- Researchers find new flaw in QuickTime for Windows
- Crooks Rig ATM with Eee PC to Steal Credit Card Info – Stupid Crooks that is.
- Data Classification is Dead – Rich says so!
- The legal implications of the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Questions about Web Server Attacks
- [In]Secure Magazine Episode 16 is out!
- Tonight’s Music:Rich’s GarageBand Experiment (With Easter Egg!)